News: Back to Start https://faithalone.info/
Check BLog https://faithalone.info/blog/

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What Is The Role Of Children?  (Read 3090 times)

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
What Is The Role Of Children?
« on: May 29, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
I am starting this because some churches believe that children are not the future but the present in the congregation.

I say that because I believe that children are the future not the present.

They are "like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, that (WILL) bring(s) forth its fruit in its season." [Psalm 1:3, NKJV]

Below is the Role of Children in church today...
[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Re: What Is The Role Of Children?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
I hope you noticed that there was nothing below the line in the post above

Jesus said " 'Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.'" [Matt 18:3-5]

When the disciples disputed among themselves about rank and order in heaven, Jesus used a child as an analogy of how they/we should come to Him. They didn't understand that faith not works gets you into heaven as they had not received the gift of the Holy Spirit yet.

It was like on the stormy sea after they fed the 5000, they strained at the oars for hours. "Then He saw them straining at rowing, for the wind was against them. Now about the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea, and would have passed them by. And when they saw Him walking on the sea, they supposed it was a ghost, and cried out; for they all saw Him and were troubled. But immediately He talked with them and said to them, 'Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.' Then He went up into the boat to them, and the wind ceased. And they were greatly amazed in themselves beyond measure, and marveled. For they had not understood about the loaves, because their heart was hardened." [Mark 6:48-52]

There are 4 three hour shifts in the day and 4 in the night. It would have been between 3-6am and they were doing by "works" what they should have been doing by faith.

When Jesus sent out the 70 and they realized what they could accomplish by faith, He said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight." [Luke 10:21]

When we understand that we are not to think like Nicodemus and Jesus is not saying we are to become little children, but come to Him like little children.

When the disciples again 'forgot' about His teachings when the "little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'" Here He is reminding them not to judge but bring and disciple new converts that are to come as little children.

Jesus said "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." [John 16:33]

Jesus overcame the world and we are to come out of the world and be separate or we would have tribulations. When we come as little children, teachable and innocent of intentional sin, we will find it easier to live in the Spirit and not in the flesh which is the world.

Children have NO role in the church. They are the future as we were when we were children. They are like trees preparing to bear fruit. If we can't wait and try to use them before that time then we are cutting down the tree and using it for lumber.

You can build with it but you will not have fruit. Is that what we want? There is no future for an empty building that was built with immature trees. Churches should never be built with children but by adults with children. A 15th century proverb says "Children should be seen and not heard." Young Pastors should be wary of a one way street. If they want their children to be part of their ministry then they should expect that they are doing exactly what Jesus didn't mean when he said come to Him as little children. He didn't say little children come to me as adults.

When a child bears fruit, they are no longer children - they are you.

In the Old Testament Solomon writes much in the Proverbs about parents raising and disciplining children in the way of the Lord.

If the New Age churches that believe that homosexuals and women can be pastors, contrary to the Word of God, may even require children to have ministries.

Let's be known by our fruit and construct our church buildings with mature trees and let our seedlings develop.

In His service
>< ))/*>

[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]