News: Back to Start https://faithalone.info/
Check BLog https://faithalone.info/blog/

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Does God Hear and/or Answer All Prayer?  (Read 6027 times)

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Does God Hear and/or Answer All Prayer?
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
I am going to start a topic on prayer. Why? Because everyone has a story to tell.
There are many worldly people that do not believe answered prayer is little more than coincidence.
Does God answer prayer or is it really coincidence?
Does He only answer certain prayers, like a good parking spot, or all prayer?
Maybe you got a lousy parking spot but the good health to walk those additional steps.
Does God heal some or all?
I believe that if a prayer is in God's will, then it should be answered. Read Col 1:9-14.
What are answered prayers?
Does the Bible say anything about yes, no or wait?
I believe if the answer is no or wait then it is NOT answered prayer.
How would you know if it is no or wait?
If you come to Him on your terms you will not get an answer. Not NO or wait. He won't even acknowledge them.

Below are some excerpts from a debate I had on another forum sans the 5 or 6 debaters.

Post 1 - God does NOT hear all our prayers contrary to what preachers teach. There are no scriptures to back up this teaching.
If you start with 2 Chr 7:14 stop after the first line and think, "have I humbled myself?".
Is this according to the Bible? Have you read James recently? Is this a need or a greed? "NO" is NOT an answer, it is "I can't hear you."
"Please humble yourself and come with a contrite heart and I will hear you."
"wait" means what?
How do you know the prayer is going to be answered?
Are you waiting, or is God waiting for you to approach Him on His terms.
A-ask, is coming to Him to petition with 2 in agreement, no unforgiveness in your heart, abiding in His ways, with a prayer that is right, for all this is pleasing to Him;
S-seek, now you go into your prayer closet and seek Him, not the answer but the Master. I always get this wrong. I seek first, then ask;
K-knock, if you have done everything right you can boldly approach the throne of grace and knock.
A-S-K for answered prayer.
I believe there is no such thing as unanswered prayer or wait or NO if you are coming to God on His terms. You'll be waiting a long time if you think God is asking you to wait.
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Heb 4:16)

Post 2 - It sounds like some Christians are worshiping the mythological Greek, Roman or Norse gods. These gods were cruel and would play games. If a person prayed to them they would test them, they would make them wait and they would say "no" to their petitions.
I thank God my Bible says He will answer prayer if I come to Him humbly, believing (Mk 11:24; Jn 14:13,14)), without unforgiveness (Mk 11:25)), if I abide in Jesus and keep His commandments (Jn 15:7,10), do what is pleasing in His sight (1 Jn 3:22), come with my head uncovered (1 Cor 11:4) unless you are a woman then the head should be covered (1 Cor 11:5), ask in the name of Jesus (Jn 16:23,26)....

Post 3 - I didn't make the rules. God did. And this is not the whole "LIST". There are rules for everything and we can cry "it's not fair", but let's not forget who is God. It is not us. Play (pray) by the rules or get off your knees.
Some of the most common rules I didn't mention because I thought most people would know that God cannot hear a person with unconfessed sin (Jn 9:31; Isa 59:2; Ps 66:18; Hab 1:13). Thank God that we only need confess (1 Jn 1:9) and we have an advocate (1 Jn 2:1) who forgives us and allows us to pray to the Father in His name (Jn 16:23,26).

Post 4 - As mentioned above, what kind of God would give us the promise of answered prayer and say no?

Post 5 - Finally can you imagine a person standing up at the front of the church, giving a testimony to God's goodness in answering prayer. Saying that God has answered all my prayers. Even though all the answers so far have been no, I keep praying that it is just wait.

Post 6  - NO is NOT an answer to prayer. No scriptures support this teaching. Again why would we pray if He is going to deny us. God is not a man that He will change His mind. Unlike our earthly father who will give in if we bribe, cry or promise. You heard about Jesus praying till He sweat blood and His prayer was not answered. Was His prayer in the Father's will (1 Jn 5:14, 15)? In the end didn't Jesus say not my will but Yours be done. I think that is our problem, we think that God doesn't have rules to abide in His will. We want our will to be God's will.
I don't know why God allows terrible diseases. But I have prayed with/for people and they were remarkably, miraculously healed. I was having a run of success on hearing problems when the Holy Spirit prompted me to lay hands on a person with an ear implant and pray for healing. When I prayed with him he had doubts and said that even a pastor at a Benny Hinn crusade prayed for him and he still couldn't hear before the implants. He was also diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I saw him 2 days later and he said his hearing hadn't improved but the pain from his cancer left the moment I laid hands on him and the test he had taken a week before came back negative. His cancer was gone! God is soooo goood. Did I pray right and others wrong? I don't know but I never question a miracle from God. 3 years later he is still healthy.

Post 7 - If a person asks to die, is this God's will? Did He say no or did He ignore their frivolous, spontaneous requests? If Elijah really wanted to die he needn't have fled from Jezebel. She would have obliged him. Paul didn't want to die, he wanted to be raptured. Job didn't really want to die, he questioned whether he should have been born if only to suffer. Jesus, I believe wasn't praying not to die but to not become sin. The most offensive thing in God's eyes. So offensive that He can't even look upon it, in this case His only begotten Son. Maybe that's why He made it so dark when Jesus did become sin?
And I adamantly stick to my conclusion that "NO" is not an answer according to scripture. He doesn't hear prayer if not presented humbly, with a contrite heart. But according to scripture, He doesn't say "NO".
If your prayer is for someone that is NOT in agreement with you, than it is not according to God's will either. After all He gave them free-will. But if it is for someones salvation, I urge you to continue praying in earnest.
I never pray for a person's healing unless I feel moved by the Spirit. I am but an instrument and can't do it without Him.

Post 8 - Did Paul say that his prayers weren't answered?
Did Paul say that it was God's will to have this messenger from Satan depart? (the Bible does say prayers have to be the will of the God) (Col 1:9-14)(1 Jn 5:14, 15)
Didn't Jesus also have Satan tempt Him in the wilderness? The power of Christ in him was more important to Paul than freedom from his tormentor. Read Acts 14:3; 15:11, 12 and you will see what Grace did. Read Romans 3:23-26 to see what grace is, and read Romans 16:20 and see what grace will do. His grace is sufficient! We are under grace not under law. Which law? Read Romans 8:2. Hallelujah!
You must remember that this is a letter written by Paul and it is a recap of a conversation Paul had with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. Which I don't know, but all would be involved. In Acts and in the Pauline epistles Paul states that his knowledge comes directly from God not book learning.
So it appears that he had direct communications with God and he would know that it would not be a valid prayer to ask that his will be God's will. If the scriptures don't contradict teachings by Jesus on prayer, and they shouldn't, then what I have quoted in these posts from scripture are true. His answer to prayer is affirmative if on His terms, otherwise it would be senseless to petition in prayer.

Post 9 - Supplication means to humbly ask in prayer and supply means to provide what is necessary. We supplicate and God supplies. NOT withhold.

Post 10 - I think quite simply God said "I AM God, don't question what I do" Where were you when I did such and such, etc.? When Job wanted to know why he was being tested, (now there's an understatement) God need not answer as to why. That is why I don't think Paul prayed for relief from his testing. Never question God as to why, but look within and say what am doing that needs to be changed. Why am I being tested. Not a question, a statement.
If there is an ambiguous scripture always reconcile it with scripture that is obvious. The Bible will interpret itself. There should be no contradictions.
Jesus/God is not a respecter of person's, so why would He answer one person's prayer and not anothers. Unless.....
Jesus said if you do this and that, and such and such, My Father in heaven will hear you and answer your prayers. This is all I've been saying all along.
If you take the scripture "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." (Mk 11:24) Is Jesus a liar?
Is He saying that even if you believe, the answer can be "wait" or "no." What about the caveat? Mk 11:25,26? It's nice to say "God, what about your promises?" and ignore our unrighteousness.
Jesus never said God's answer to prayer would be "wait" or "no", it is a catch-phrase started by some preacher that didn't have his prayers answered. He only needed to study God's word and pray accordingly. That is why I joined this discussion, so people would know that if their prayers are not answered, seek God. If your prayer is legitimate, stop thinking the answer is "wait" or "no". Believe and you shall receive. May God bless all your prayers.

In His service
>< ))/*>
[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]

smiley4jc

Re: Does God Hear and/or Answer All Prayer?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »
Does God answer prayer?  Yup.
When I'm in a hurry trying to get somewhere and I can't find my shoe...my purse...my whatever....I stop in the middle of the room, quiet myself and ask God to show me where "it" is at or at least point me in the right direction.  I don't move until I get an answer.  This can be hard for me sometimes because I'm in a hurry.  But, God has never failed to show me where "it" is at.  It's a little thing but it has built my relationship with with Abba (Daddy).  If He cares enough to help me find some little, insignificant something that I can't find and is usually my fault it's misplaced, then he really does care about all of me.

Once my "middle" son was sick.  Fever, chills, aches...yup...the flu.  It so happened that we had two graduations to attend that day and the next, both for his cousins.  My husband came home from work and we were outside trying to coordinate who was going/staying.  Of course, "M" was staying because he was sick.  About that time I heard his little voice telling me he wanted to go to "C's" graduation.  I went to him telling him he was way too sick to go anywhere.  "You could pray for me, Mom, and then I'd be well and I could go."  What are you gonna tell a 5 year old now?   ???  I put my hands on his extremely fevered head and started praying.
 *Here I must tell you that I purely praying because I didn't want to tell my son that it probably wouldn't help...I mean he was sick!*   As I prayed, I noticed "M's" head cooling.  It surprised me so much I stopped praying and stepped back.  He was smiling.  "See...I told you God would make me better."  Just so "matter-of-fact"  I finished praying by thanking God for making "M" better.  By the time we got ready, his cheeks were pink...not red, his fever was gone, no coughing, no chills.  He was well.  Now, on the way home he started feeling tired and by the time we got home, all his symptoms had returned.  But, "M" said that was fine.  God helped him get to his cousin's 8th grade graduation.  Next day was his older cousin's Sr. graduation.  But, God showed up for a repeat performance.  Fever, chills, coughing...all completely gone...just so a little boy could attend an event he felt was important to someone he loved.

These prayers were not only answered to build the faith of a young boy or to give him what he wanted.  These prayers taught and humbled a mom who sometimes gets caught up in the act of "living" and forgets that there is a God who cares.  God showed me, firsthand, the power of a child's faith.

smiley   :D

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
There is no greater love than the belief that God will answer a parents prayer!
There is no greater submission that humbly asking the Father for your child's welfare!
There is no greater faith builder than a child's answered prayer!

Well put.
In His service
>< ))/*>
[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]

smiley4jc

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
When I pray I pray to God.  Jesus taught us to pray saying "Our Father, who art in Heaven..."  I have heard some people pray to Jesus.  In fact, just recently I have noticed that is the way my kids pray.  What say you on that, hymnsinger?

When I pray...every time I pray...the first thing I do is confess sins I know about then ask forgiveness for sins I might not know about.  I also ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mind any sins I might not remember, know about, etc.  I know of many adults who only ask forgiveness before they go to sleep.  I understand this is something we are taught as children.  I have tried to teach my kids not to wait until bedtime to take care of their sins.  If you know you just messed up...get it right immediately.  I am also trying to teach them that often they are 'nudged' by The Holy Spirit before they sin...or as they are about to sin...and to heed that prompting.  Catch it before it's done.

I have learned to seek God's will before or while I'm praying and to understand that God's will doesn't always come about just the way I think it will.  A lady in our church had gone through a previous and very serious bout with brain cancer.  This was before I knew her.  The person I met was a very kind, generous, bright, loving person.  I found out from others that she had always been this way but she had also been a most extremely intelligent person with a job quite high up in a large company; you know, executive status.  This didn't fit at all with the person I now knew.  Due to the cancer her mental abilities were much slowed, her balance was not good at all which caused frequent falls.  One day, she fell and hit her head on her coffee table which sent her into a coma.  Our church prayed and prayed for our dear sister, while we watched the sweet devotion of her husband caring for her constantly in the hospital.  One Sunday we received a report on Cathy that she was coming out of the coma:  more responsive, eyes opening briefly, etc.  We were overjoyed that our prayers were being answered.  Only a few days later, Cathy died.  We were all shocked and much saddened.  While I was telling the kids, I remembered something my mother-in-law had told me.  God HAD healed Cathy.  She was in Heaven where she was whole.  Our prayers HAD been answered.  Cathy's sis-in-law was having a hard time with the passing and I told her that since I had learned of Cathy's "original" state of intelligence I had to wonder if Cathy was truly happy...not being the person she had to know she had been previously.  I had to wonder, too, whether while we were praying for Cathy to get better and come back to us (admittedly a selfish prayer) was Cathy praying to be released from this imperfect body and just "go home"  And wouldn't God honor HER prayer over our prayer, as long as that was in His will?

We had received prophecy time and again that our Pastor would "receive" a new kidney from God.  Ultimately I found out that I was not the only person at church who assumed God would perform a miraculous healing on Pastor's kidney.  Then he was placed on the kidney transplant list.  Well....I had never even entertained the idea that kidney would come about that way.  But, it did.  His wife and family were told surgery could take as long as 8 hours.  4 hours and a text book surgery later, our Pastor had a kidney.  Dr's said for him not to even think about coming home for 6 weeks.  He came home for a weekend in two weeks, was home the following week and every time he went to the dr., the dr would bring other dr's around to show off Pastor.  They had never seen anything like it before.  Over a year later and there have been no complications.

If I pray for something in particular, God has taught me to bring my request to Him, then leave it for Him to work on.  I KNOW it is God's will that we are well and healthy, but I DON'T know what might be in another person's life that might be causing an illness:  unforgiveness, bad habits, etc.  I remind God that if He needs me to do or say something...I'm open.  I also understand that some things happen as tests, so I pray (for myself as well as others) that if there is a lesson to be learned in this, let me/them/us/him/her learn that lesson and get on with life.

So, Brother.....what do you think about my personal approaches?   ;)

smiley ;D

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:16:53 AM »
Very interesting. I never thought of our Father calling us home as answered prayer.
You may have something there, because when the Lord was finished with the disciples, He called them home.
Even the old testament prophets were allowed to die an excruciating death as they passed from this life. (Heb 11:32-39),(Psalm 116:15).
All will be rewarded for what they/we endure here in this life.
Thanks for opening my eyes.

As for knowing what God's will is?  Read the Bible it is God's Word instructing us in His will. I think I covered most of those points.

As for praying to Jesus? You are right! The Bible tells us to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus, our Advocate (Intercessor).

Yes the proper prayer format is
A - adoration, acknowledge who He is.
C - confess your sins and ask for forgiveness
T - thank Him
S - supplication, now we can approach Him with our needs, not greeds. (1 Tim 2:1)

In His Service
>< ))/*>

smiley4jc

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:18 AM »
Thank Grandma...not me, Bro.   :)  She's the one who opened my eyes.

smiley   ;D

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
Because of the number and severity of the forest fires burning in B.C, last week my prayer partner and I prayed for rain without lightning and last Sat. it started to rain here at midnight.

We prayed again on Wed for more rain because of the forest fires further north in the interior, and we had downpours on Thurs. God is good and still listening.

Oh, and my wife thanks Him for the nice parking space.

In His service.
>< ))/*>

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
Someone, I won't mention her name, gave me a book to prove I was wrong about God's answers to prayer.

The title of the booklet is PRAYER...talking to God by Millie E. Stamm, National Prayer Secretary.

Sounds like a real authority! She is probably just reiterating FALSE DOCTRINE she learned from someone else. I ask that you consult the Bible not your pastor who's prayers weren't answered so he came up with the excuse that God is asking him to wait. NO, NO, NO!

Here is her explanation of "NO ANSWERS" from page 25.
Sometimes His answer must be no. Wise parents do not give their children all that they ask for. Because they love them, sometimes they must say no or wait. So, in God's perfect wisdom, He may have to say no to us.

The Apostle Paul had some difficulty that he described as a "thorn" in the flesh. Three times Paul asked God for this thorn to be removed. It is very likely that he thought his service for God could be more effective if he did not have this difficulty. Each time, God's answer was no. The Bible says, "Three different times I begged God to make me well again. Each time he said, 'No. But I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people...'" (2 Corinthians 12:8-9, TLB).

Monica, the mother of St. Augustine, prayed for his salvation. When he decided to go to Rome, she asked God to prevent him. He went, however, and it was there that he became a Christian. God said no to her verbal request, but in His own time and way He answered the prayer of her heart for his salvation.
Unquote

2 Corinthians in chapter 11 talks about Paul's trials and tribulations endured for his service to the church. He also mentions that Satan can manifest himself as an "angel of light".

Chapter 12 starts off with Paul describing his "near death" experience probably suffered in Acts 14:19.
After suffering the crushing blows of the stones, the victims were dragged outside the city and left to the dogs and beasts. It is possible that he received the marks spoken of in Gal. 6:17 during this stoning. There is no doubt he was dead, because after all these were "professional" stoners.

Here God would have given Paul a glimpse of the heavenly realm to show him his reward and revived him after the disciples gathered around and prayed. He certainly knew that God's grace was enough for his calling.

The Bible translators do injustice in choosing words for describing Paul's "weakness, feebleness" as infirmities. The Greek word G769. astheneia, as-then'-i-ah; from G772; feebleness (of body or mind); by implication - malady; moral frailty. is transalted weakness in the preceding and following verses unless describing Paul's affliction.

Why? Are the translators trying to tie every thing together to imply that Paul had lost an eye during the stoning? (Gal 4:15) Unjustly Galatians 4 again describe Paul's weakness in verse 13 as infirmities.

Actually verses 12-15 is really saying: "That Paul has had a good relationship with the Galatians: you have in the past been ready to "pluck out your eyes for me" (a common expression of the time for giving up everything for another, not an indication of eye trouble. Similar to "giving your right arm"). Though he was ill (probably recovering from his 'near death' experience) on his former visit, they had not scorned him but had treated him as Christ had treated them. Now he wanted them to hold firm to the truth he had taught them."

Now let's get back to 2 Corinthians 12:6-10 by replacing the infirmity implication with an unbiased viewpoint: "For though I might desire to boast, I will not be mindless, I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.
7  And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the side was given to me, an angel of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8  Concerning this thing I called upon the Lord three times that he might be removed.
9  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my feebleness, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10  Therefore I think well in my weakness of overbearance, of constraint, of persecution, of being narrow minded for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Again, if we go back to chapter 11:17 you will see where Paul claims to speak EGOTISTICALLY, not foolishly as the foolish translators state.

Now you can see that Paul is not talking about an illness or sickness but about being buffeted by an an angel of Satan, a messenger of light, which probably refers to the incident in 1 Thess 2:18.

Now that we have cleared that up, God does not, nor has He ever, said no to a prayer asked according to His plan. When Jesus went about performing His ministry, He never said NO. He said "I AM willing"

If you have read the previous posts you will know by now that God only answers prayer on His terms. (James 4:2) This is not a "NO" answer prayer.

Now her explanation of "WAIT ANSWERS" on page 25:
"We may pray for a request for a long time without receiving an answer. We wonder if God has forgotten us. But God may be saying wait."
Unquote

Well, I have questioned this before. How do you know if the answer is wait or no? How long do you have to wait before you realize the answer is no?

She goes on to the next subject of "God's delays are not denials" on page 26:
"God's delays are not denials. They are a special trust from Him. His delays give us more time to gain a greater understanding and knowledge of Him. Our confidence in Him is deepened. The delays teach us lessons, such as patience. He knows we need a larger capacity to receive His answers.

One time I was going through a heartbreaking experience, one of the darkest times in my life. One evening as I was praying, I reminded God that He hadn't answered my request and I asked Him why.

Suddenly it seemed that God was saying to me, "I am doing exactly what you are asking Me to do, but you are rebelling against the way I am doing it." For the first time I realized this was true. That night I totally committed my situation to Him. His answer to my request did not come immediately - I had to wait several years for it - but it did come in God's time.

One day a friend entered the study of Dr. Phillip Brooks, a well-known preacher of the last century. Dr. Brooks was pacing back and forth. "What's the trouble?" his friend asked. "Trouble?" replied Dr. Brooks. "I'm in hurry and God isn't."

You may be hurting today. Your heart is broken and there seems to be no human solution. You have been asking, but no answer has come. God's silence does not mean He has forgotten or forsaken you.

This is your opportunity to trust God when there is nothing else you can do. It has been said, "When you come to the place where there is nothing left but God Himself, you learn that He is all you need."
Unquote

I wonder if she read her article and doesn't realize what she wrote. God is not waiting to answer your prayers. He is waiting for you to come to Him on His terms. Not as some rebellious child expecting favors for pushing to the front to get what he can for himself.

I mentioned before that God does NOT give us the harvest, He gives us the SEED. We just never recognize it as a blessing. Uuhmm. One kernel of wheat? If I plant it I can get a whole head of kernels. And if I only take what I need and plant the rest, I can get a bushel, then an acre which I can harvest and continue in His blessing. If I try to take credit for my ingenuity, bam, there is a drought and I need to start all over again. You reap what you sow!

God does answer prayer. No and wait are not answers, they are rejections. God is ignoring your foolish requests or your foolish behavior. He doesn't even acknowledge your prayers unless they are on His terms. Love Him, Love your neighbor, forgive others, respect His authority, and ask in the name of your advocate, Jesus. He will intercede for you.

Pray right. He does not ask us to drop to our knees or fall on our faces. He also expects men and women to approach Him differently, in a hierarchical manner. He asks us to humble ourselves.

In His service
>< ))/*>

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Mike Webb
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »
Oh no!... another ignorant preacher using nonsensical hyperbole to get his errant point across.

Mike Webb is founder and senior pastor of Foothill Family Church just outside of Lake Forest, California.

Pastor Mike Webb in his message about the sovereignty of God referenced 2 Corinthians, chapter 12 to set the stage for his attack. He stated that Calvinists or Hybrid-Sovereignists say that God is all sovereign but He allows sickness.

In the above passage, he said that the h-c believes that Paul suffered from an eye problem and prayed three (3) times for healing and God refused 3 times. He goes on to say that if this were the case then Paul would not have preached healing, but limited healing.

I believe that God is all sovereign and I don't believe that Paul had an eye problem but was being impeded by the enemy, (the "thorn" in his side) preventing him from doing his ministry for the Kingdom. (1 Thess 2:18) I believe what I do because I believe what the Bible says. Therefore Mike, you are wrongly tarring everyone with the same brush.

I'll grant Pastor Mike that there are some Calvinists, or as he calls them hybrid sovereignists, that believe this. Calvinist or Armenian, I believe that both camps have the same numbers believing that God has three answers for prayer.

Prayer and illness has nothing to do with once saved-always saved. (Calvinism) It has to do with man's sinful nature. We get sick because we don't obey God's ordinances. Diet, cleanliness, sexual conduct, and idolatry. We pray because we see our sinfulness in all our tribulations.

I will finish this response in "Once saved-Always saved"

In His Service
>< ))/*>

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Charles Stanley
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »
Charles Frazier Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church Atlanta in northern Atlanta, Georgia. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries.

In a recent sermon about "Baptism: The Clear Teaching Of Scripture" Pastor Charles Stanley was quoted as saying:
"
When you, if you, get down on your knees tonight and pray and you talk to God about your needs, and you talk to God about what you want Him to do in your life, whatever it might be, just remember this. "HE'S NOT LISTENING!"
"Oh, yes He is."
"Oh no He's not"
He said, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, He'll not hear me."
When you know the Truth and you refuse the Truth, you're living in disobedience and rebellion and sin to an Almighty God.
You say you are a follower of Jesus and you won't do what He says? You're a follower of Jesus and you won't be baptized?"
Unquote

Now I have listened to about a thousand sermons by this pastor and he has always said that God hears and answers ALL prayer. The answer may be yes, no, or wait. Which to me is totally false doctrine.

It was a breath of fresh air to hear him say what I have always believed. That when God hears prayer "on His terms" He answers. And the only answer that can come from a Good God is -YES-

The Bible confirms this in the 4 Gospels when Jesus' answer to those that came to Him was always YES. I AM willing! Meaning it is the I AM's WILL.

If you are not getting a 'yes' answer, look at yourself, your lifestyle, and whether you are in total obedience to His Word. Are you singing "I surrender all" except my free will?

My prayer is that everyone will understand that God is sovereign and we must respect His Word and Will and approach Him accordingly through our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ of Nazareth.

Pastor Charles, don't change your teaching. You finally have it right.

In His service
>< ))/*>