News: Back to Start https://faithalone.info/
Check BLog https://faithalone.info/blog/

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What Is the New Heaven? New Earth?  (Read 3672 times)

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
What Is the New Heaven? New Earth?
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »
After my post in Once Saved Always Saved, I reread my post and thought about 2 Peter 3:9 taken in context and have come to this conclusion. My thoughts are as follows:

"This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground." [Gen 2:4-6]

1> Some theologians believe that this was normal evaporation and condensation. I believe that this was done by underground fountains like a sprinkling system. I also think this happened at night and was a light misting so as to not soak and/or ruin Adam and Eve's day here and the rest of the population later.

2> The Hebrew word for day is yowm, yome; from an unused root mean. to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term). This is probably the intent of the word here rather than saying that God created the world in one day. "At" and the article "the" could be translated to be part of the phrase "at the time."

"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." [Gen 7:11]

1> Here is "the day or that day" again or "at that time".

2> Here the fountains that I referred to are brought into play. If you read my blog @ ajoyfulnoise.org/blog you will know where I am going with this. Every day God "saw that it was good" and the last day He "saw it was very good." Now I don't think the earth the way it is right now is "very good or even good."

"But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the LORD said, 'Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. 'Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.' So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city. Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth."

1> First "Babel" means confusion in Hebrew.

2> If anyone knows how we get different races and colors from DNA sequencing, then you will probably suspect that God resquenced the DNA for the second time here. The first was when he cursed them for sinning in Gen 3.

3> Now if you remember Chapter 1 and verses 9 &10 where God caused the dry land to appear out of the deep and it was "good." No continents, all in one mass. The people are scattered and they don't need planes, trains or ships.

"To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother's name was Joktan." [Gen 10:25]
"Peleg lived thirty years, and begot Reu. After he begot Reu, Peleg lived two hundred and nine years, and begot sons and daughters." [Gen 11:18, 19]

1> Peleg is the Hebrew word (H6389) literally meaning "earthquake" or H6388 meaning "a rill, a small channel of water."

2> Divided from the Hebrew word H6385. palag, paw-lag'; a primary root; to split.
God scattered the people resequenced their DNA into races, changed their languages and now He will further divide them with "plate tectonics or continental drift" and this happened in the 239 years that Peleg lived. Not the millions of years that science has theorized.

Again you will have to read my blog on the resequencing of the Bible to make it chronologically understandable.

Ok, before you get bored I will come to my point about Peter's scripture.

2  that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior,
3  knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4  and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5  For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

1> Peter now talks about the beginning of time, the Genesis account.

6  by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

2> The flood in Noah's time.

7  But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

3> His covenant says the earth will never again be destroyed with water.

8  But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

4> Ahh, don't miss this. The day of the Lord is a thousand years. The millennium.

9  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

5>  Did you get that? After the millennium God will release Satan for a short time. The Temptor of mankind will do his darnedest to cause mankind, that lived through a thousand years without temptation, to sin and perish. There will be mortals living in the millennium, born from those that lived through the apocalyptic tribulation with a sinful nature that we now have. God wants that they will be able to withstand Satan and not perish!

10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

6> continuing in his thoughts he now comes to the end of the millennium and past the great white throne judgment where all will now be immortal. So what is next?

11  Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12  looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13  Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

7>  "Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found." [Rev 16:20] Now that no one can experience death or be burned up, God reforms the earth back to the Genesis model and fuses the plates together with extreme heat. The heaven (sky) is once again a canopy, a firmament, that protects us and keeps us the way God intended.

8> Heaven on earth! This passage does not need resequencing. I believe that Peter takes us from the creation to the recreation, the renewing of the heaven and the earth.

This is what I saw when I read the scripture after my last post and I sincerely pray that the rest of the chapter does and does not pertain to me...
"Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen."

In His service
>< ))/*>
[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Re: What Is the New Heaven? New Earth?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
Another email from a shy person asks.

"Where in the Bible did I find that people would live through the tribulation?"

Anyone want to field this question?

Logically, I can't see why Satan would be released after the thousand years of being bound up if there were no mortal beings on earth.

In His service
>< ))/*>
[<Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.>]

hymnsinger

• Administrator
    • Unveiling the Bible
Re: What Is the New Heaven? New Earth?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
"Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Rev 20:7-10 NKJV)

"When the thousand years end, Satan will be let out of his prison. He will go out to deceive the nations from every corner of the earth, which are called Gog and Magog. He will gather them together for battle--a mighty host, as numberless as sand along the shore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God's people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them. Then the Devil, who betrayed them, was thrown into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Rev 20:7-10 NLT)

At the Outreach on Sunday, I spoke with Don, our keynote speaker, and he said Satan will be released to mount one final offensive against the Lord Jesus.

Gog and Magog, mentioned here and in Ezekiel 38, indicate a confederation which, though vast and powerful, is still no equal to God. Fire from heaven ends the rebellion, and Satan follows the beast and false prophet into hell.

Whatever that means! I guess I shouldn't have let him consult his Bible. He just paraphrased what the Bible said. But like the Ethiopian Eunuch we sometimes need a Philip to elaborate on the written word to give us a different perspective on the meaning and/or intent.

Ryrie notes say "Gog and Magog are the worldwide enemies of Christ. This is not the same battle as described in Ezek. 38-39. The large number of rebels will come from the many people born during the Millennium who, though giving outward obedience to the King, never accept Him."

This is more in what I believe but a little more descriptive.

Hope that helps.

In His service
>< ))/*>