OK - No matter what you have seen on TV and movies, angels are spirit beings. They are not, nor have they ever been human beings.
I know that Mormons teaches that angels are in fact people who either have lived or will live on this earth. Mormon beliefs are unique in teaching that human spirits lived in heaven with God before coming to earth to endure a period of testing. This pre-earth life is called the pre-existence. The Prophet Joseph Smith, who saw many angels himself, taught that there are two classes of angels: those with only spirits and those with resurrected bodies joined to their spirits. Sometimes they are visible and so Joseph Smith saw Moroni, who had lived on the earth 1600 years ago as a prophet and who returned as an angel.
Mormonism makes no real distinction between men and angels. According the Mormon Apostle, Bruce R. McConkie, angels are messengers of God who may be one of five different classes of people:
1. ""Pre-existent spirits"" - Those people who have yet to come to earth to take on bodies;
2. ""Translated Beings"" - Those people (supposedly like the inhabitants of the city of Enoch in the Book of Genesis which were "taken") who passed into immortality without experiencing death.
3. ""Spirits Of Just Men Made Perfect"" - These are the spirits of men who have worked out their salvation, but are awaiting the day of the resurrection. (D. & C. 129.)
4. ""Resurrected Personages"" - men like John the Baptist, Moroni, Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Moses, and Elijah.
5. ""Righteous Mortal Men who have yet to die""
Now that we know all that to be hog-wash, we can safely say that the Movie and TV angels are also bunk. They depict angels as dead humans helping others. See the thread "Where do you go when you die?"
Angels are portrayed in later art as female, which we also see no indication of in the scriptures. There is mention of women with wings in Zachariah but he also mentions angels in the same passages as masculine. (Zach 5:5-10) He did NOT call the women with wings angels.
I believe angels are asexual and do NOT have breasts and hips which are human characteristics for childbirth and nurturing. That being said, we know that angels do not marry nor have need of procreating (Matt 22:30; Lk 20:34-36) because they are immortal spirit beings.
I also do not see where they sing either except in later paraphrased editions. The literal translations all say that angels "spoke" not sang. The passage in Job Job 38:7 is misunderstood in that there is an "AND" indicating that he is talking about 2 different things. Stars AND angels. CETI (Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence) has been listening to stars emit different frequencies for years. Put all those frequencies together and you could say the stars in heaven sing.
See my blog http://www.faithalone.info/blog/?p=53
In His service